**Starts shipping in early April. (Pre-order today)**
The new 2013 Flatiron is a piece of back candy that will rock your face off.
The Flatiron is proof that great things really do come in smaller packages. This pack’s clean design and size work great for just about any activity but it’s perfect for quick backpacking trips. We’ve found that plenty of you out there wanted a pack in this size range built with the comfort, adjustability and features of a larger pack but still clean enough to carry for everyday use…BAM-POW! We listened and gave you what you so desire. The Flatiron maintains all the right stuff to set itself above all other packs in this size range. Just like its big brothers, the top lid, straps and hipbelt are all removable so you can use a simplified and lighter version of the pack. To improve access to your gear, we put a long vertical YKK zipper that runs up the side and all the way through the top of the pack. For stashing your essentials, we added 2 zippered hipbelt pockets, 2 large stretch pockets on the each side, and a large zippered front pocket. It sports a lighter version of our sturdy sYnc A.C.™ adjustable suspension system, ventilated backpanel, VariCant™ dual-pivoting hipbelt and plenty more features that make all other small technical packs out there tremble before it.
- Sync A.C. suspension
- air channeled mesh backpanel
- Slide n' lock adjustable harness
- VariCant dualpivoting/fully adjustable hipbelt
- large center zip pocket with internal mesh divider
- roll-top enclosure under top lid
- hydration reservoir compatible
- top and side panel access (side panel zipper allows pack to be opened up completely flat)
- dual-access zippered top
- detachable top lid converts into a small day pack
- water-resistant clear coated mesh "dry pocket" inside top lid
- external compression straps
- 7 pockets + main compartment
- adjustable and deployable ice axe/trekking pole loops
- deployable bottom straps
- Volume: 42 liters
- Weight: 4.5 lbs / 3.9lb*
- Fits Torso: 16-23 in.
- Fits Waist: 29-40 in.
- Number of Stays: 2
- Main Pack fabric: 315 denier ripstop Invista CORDURA® Plus, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- Bottom Fabric: 840 denier Invista CORDURA® HD, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- Shroud Fabric: 100 denier seam-taped Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR
- POP color: 210 denier mini diamond, Nylon 6.0, 40g PU/DWR.
- Frame Material: 3mm x 20mm 6061 tempered aluminum stay and 1.5mm HDPE framesheet
- *weight of pack with all removable features removed (top lid, straps and hydration holster)